|May 1, 2017|
|Speakers: Group Study Exchange Team from Taiwan
Greeter: Angela Tatum
Invocation: Dick Stewart
Club Singing: Marion Alexander
Mini-Classification Talk: Rae Lynn Cox
Resolution for Karen Snider: Janice Black
Pianist: Norma Swain
Publications: Peter Henninger
We welcome the Group Study Exchange Team from Taiwan.
Anna Lee - Team Leader, Education
Hsin chich Lin (Taishow), Business manager of garment industry
Hsin-Yi Lee (Tiana), Music Educator / Flutist/Lecturer / Music studio owner
Lin-Ya Huang (ViVi), Marketing
Ming-Jhang Lai (Bug), Real Estate Agent
NEWS AND NOTES:
1. Please retrieve your Roster information sheet from the badge board, update, sign up for 2017-18 committees and return to Linda.
• Is your attendance low and you are really busy at the office? Think about doing a make-up online. https://www.rotaryeclubone.org/
• SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES:
• CONTRIBUTIONS DUE:
1. Rotary International Foundation $100
• Have you listed your Rotary Service in your LinkedIn profile?
• Follow Rotary Club of Harrisburg Facebook page (and Like us) and www.hbgrotary.org for speaker/meeting updates
• DID YOU KNOW? Contributions to The Harrisburg Rotary Foundation for memorials, birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays are always appreciated. The recipient receives an appropriate acknowledgment from the Rotary Club of Harrisburg and the contribution is also acknowledged in The Rotary Roundup. Donations are tax-deductible.
• SAVE THE DATE:
1. Sweet Bites for Better Sight May 15 at our regular Rotary meeting!
2. Teacher Impact Awards May 22 - go to www.rotary7390.org for more information.
1. The May 2017 Governors Newsletter can viewed. Go to rotary7390.org. Across the top are all the tabs, run your cursor over “District Newsletter” and a drop down box will put out and click on the newsletter.
Last meeting 4/24/17 by Steve Baloga
President Steve brought the meeting to order at the Harrisburg Hilton with the invocation by Steve Schwartz, singing of God Bless America led by John Hickey and the Pledge of Allegiance. Norma Swain provided piano music. Deb Abel introduced visiting Rotarians and guests.
This week’s meeting was graced by the presence of 3 current/past district governors and the presentation of multiple awards.
District Governor Kevin Cogan made a brief presentation explaining the Paul Harris Fellowship. Named in honor of Rotary Founder, Paul Harris, a member or their designee receives the award, recognized by a pin and a certificate, upon contributing a cumulative $1,000 to Rotary International Foundation. Additional contributions of $1,000 are also recognized as +1, +2, +3, etc. awards. District Governor Kevin recognized 19 new Paul Harris Fellows and 24 “+” Fellows.
Past District Governor Alden Cunningham presented the Rotary International Service Above Self Award to John Judson. This is a singular honor for John as only approximately 120 of these awards worldwide were made this year.
Past District Governor John Kramb gave a presentation on Rotary International Foundation’s work in India. He described RIF’s polio eradication efforts, school hand washing stations, Rotary Hospital and District 7390 Global Grants to acquire sewing machines to train local workers. India has been polio-free for 6 years and efforts continue to keep it that way.
The next meeting will be 5/1/17 at the Hilton.
2016-2017 Club Officers